Pages

Saturday, June 14, 2014

How to Drill a Hole in Glass...or Ceramic

I have such a bad habit of "forgetting" to blog during the summer months.  There's just so much to do, so many projects just a waitin' to be completed!  But I'm taking a breather, albeit a brief breather, to share a quickie how-to video that you can find on my YouTube channel.


Okay, so this project isn't exactly upcycled.  But once you know how to drill a hole in glass there are so many things that you can upcycle.  Not the least of which is my ever-popular Booze Bottle Bird Feeders...which by the way I will be showing you how to make next time.  Here's a sneak peek.


It's not that hard to drill a hole in glass IF you know the right way to do it and in my video, I not only show you how but I also show you how NOT to drill a hole in glass.  So gather up your supplies and meet me over on YouTube for the full instructions (and a little humor as you watch me screw up right before your very eyes).  Here's what you'll need:

  • A glass or ceramic vessel of your choosing
  • Diamond Hole Saw or, for those of you with far more patience than I....a Glass & Tile Drill Bit)
  • Hand Drill or better yet, a Drill Press if you have it
  • A tub of water just large enough to submerge your glass/ceramic vessel into
  • And don't forget the Safety Glasses!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...