Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

A Long Overdue Trip to the Aquarium

So I visited the aquarium yesterday.  It was a lovely aquarium, lots of conservation messaging, beautiful exhibits and great opportunities for interaction. Although this sign really perplexed me. 


Respect the fish - catch and release when possible.  Hmmm, now I'm all for catch and release when the fish is a threatened species, too small to be removed from the wild or preggers.  But it seems that catching and releasing "when possible" is more like something you would do for the fun of it.  If someone stabbed me with a hook and pulled it out again then let me go, I don't think that would be the most respectful thing they could do for me.  I don't know, maybe it's just me.

Anyway, I did take more pictures and I really did enjoy my visit.  With that, here are some frogs for you to enjoy.

Peek-a-boo


How about this cutie pie!


 And what's an aquarium without a mob of desert dwelling meerkats? ;)


Who's your favorite aquarium dweller?

1 comment:

  1. These are great! Wish I could have been there!

    Hmmm, hard to pick a favorite, but I'm a sucker for seahorses! And those jellyfish tanks. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...